Stop The Bullying Workshops
The workplace, school or community environment present other options for healing from the damage caused by bullying behaviour.
Christine Bennett presents psycho-education courses and workshops on request and in consultation with schools or working environment.
The workshops are designed to cater for the specific needs of the participants in terms of the situation and age group involved.
Aims and Objectives of Stop the Bullying Workshops
Through innovative and experiential learning strategies you will:
- Acquire knowledge and understanding about the nature of bullying behaviour.
- Learn what factors influence the psychological development of a bully.
- Understand the impact of bullying behaviour on the victim/s, perpetrators, bystanders, and others involved in the school, family or working community.
- Understand and appreciate the value of each human being irrespective of difference in race, colour, religion, gender, social status, health, intelligence, body shape/size or any other factor of difference.
- Develop insight into which biases, prejudices, attitudes and values hinder acceptance of and cooperation with others.
- Develop more effective and healthy communication skills to be able to express yourself without the need for aggression or other controlling/abusive behaviour.
- Become practised in the art of negotiation to achieve win/win outcomes.
- Learn effective strategies to stay safe and calm when faced with aggression.
- Experience and practice techniques to heal the hurt of either being a victim to, or perpetrator of bullying behaviour.
Typical course topics and activities may include:
- What bullying is and what it isn't
- Exactly whose problem is it?
- Impact of bullying behaviour on victim/s, perpetrator/s and others
- Boundaries - what they are, what they accomplish and how to create them
- Impact of Family of Origin on being a victim or perpetrator of bullying
- The role of belief systems, how they begin and how to change self limiting beliefs
- Techniques to manage difficult emotions
- Assertiveness skills and effective communication
- The Social Media Parade and its pitfalls
- Where to go for more help if needed
- What laws are applicable
- Self knowledge exercises
- Role plays
Please share with your friends!