How Will Counselling Help?
Counselling offers a way of healing the wide array of emotional responses that may occur as a result of repeated attacks of bullying. You may be the victim or the perpetrator of bullying behaviour. My philosophy is that both parties need equal amounts of help in order to heal.
A victim of bullying often suffers from poor self esteem, a fear of socializing, depression, anxiety. PTSD and compromised performance at school or work.
The perpetrator has often suffered abuse themselves growing up in an unhealthy or violent home environment. One misguided way of dealing with feelings of unworthiness and lack of power is to take it out on someone who is even more vulnerable - an easy target. The perpetrator is often a victim of bullying or abuse themselves.
Some emotions you may need help managing are fear, anger, sadness, shame, humiliation, hurt, frustration, pity, guilt and/or confusion.
Counselling will help you:
- Through having your story heard and validated.
- Learn how to manage your array of emotions through techniques such as EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and meditation.
- Change any subconscious beliefs regarding lack of power and other limitations through EFT, hypnosis and Theta brainwave entrainment with affirmations.
- Learn how to set personal boundaries and create safety.
- Become more aware of your environment and what is happening in your body through mindfulness training.
- Learn what steps to take in the event of being bullied or if you find yourself wanting to bully others.
- Be more informed of what legal pathways may be appropriate if necessary.
Please share with your friends!