Stop the Bullying Privacy Statement
Stop the Bullying (Psyche-Care) complies with the information Privacy Principles as outlined in the Privacy Amendment Private Sector) Act 2000.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Christine Bennett does not own or control, or to people not employed or managed by Psyche-Care.
Collection of Information
- Information is collected when a client answers questions during an initial telephone call and when completing confidential information forms prior to or on arrival at a consultation.
- Session notes are kept for each client or group who engage in all counselling and mediation sessions with Christine Bennett or Emily Dylan (The Practitioners). These notes are kept for the purpose of tracking client progress and as a basis for follow up in succeeding sessions.
- All information collected is used strictly for the purpose of understanding the nature of the client's problem. This information is then used to help the client in working through that problem in order to make the changes necessary for resolution.
Use and Disclosure
- Christine Bennett and/or Emily Dylan (The Practitioners) trading as Stop The Bullying (Psyche-Care) will only use or disclose information about you in ways that are consistent with your expectations and with your consent.
- The Practitioners keep personal contact details separately in secure storage.
Data Quality and Security
The Practitioners of Stop the Bullying (Psyche-Care) take all possible measures to ensure that all personal information collected is securely stored and safe from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have in place comprehensive policies and procedures for information to be kept confidential and meet National Privacy Principles. All practitioners are trained and conversant with the codes of conduct about privacy.
Privacy on the Internet
- The information you enter on any form provided by Stop the Bullying (Psyche-Care) is kept in secure database and accessed by The Practioners to assist with counselling or mediation sessions in which you, the client/clients, elect to engage.
- Our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes - the user's server address, the user's top level domain name (eg. .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc), the date and time of visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited, and the type of browser used. No attempt will be made to identify anonymous users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider's logs.
Your Email Address
- Stop the Bullying (Psyche-Care) will only record your email address in the event that you send a message via a web page request or email. If you do not want your email address to be recorded by Stop the Bullying (Psyche-Care) you can send postal mail to the address below, or call directly as follows:
Locked Bag 2000, Crows Nest 1585
Mobile: 0418 226 961
- Your email address and/or your postal addresses will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided them and they will not be added to any mailing lists, or used or disclosed for any other purpose, without your prior written consent.
- The Internet is an insecure medium and users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet. Information submitted encrypted via email or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted, read or modified. If you do not wish to email or send an online form to Stop the Bullying (Psyche-Care), you can send mail as above.
- Our website contains links to other sites. Stop the Bullying (Psyche-Care) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
Wherever it is lawful and practicable, individuals have the option of not identifying themselves when engaging in a service provided by Stop the Bullying (Psyche-Care).
A Further Point About Privacy
Stop the Bullying (Psyche-Care) understands that information collected about you is important to you. The practitioner works with you on significant issues affecting your life. This information can sometimes be sensitive. Therefore Stop the Bullying (Psyche-Care) takes a commitment to privacy legislation seriously and for many years has provided quality confidential services to the Australian and worldwide community. If you have any concerns please contact Christine Bennett using the form provided on this page.
Please share with your friends!